Saturday, January 14, 2012

Journal Vent


It’s been a rough week… On Wednesday morning my backpack zipper busted, and I had to carry around my heavy backpack in front of me for the rest of the day. On Wednesday afternoon my computer quite working. I couldn’t type anything without “code errors” popping up, so I took it to the IT desk on the second floor of the Wilk. They said they could fix it, but it would be about five days until it would be ready to pick up. I walked home computerless, noteless (because I take all my notes on my computer), and holding my backpack like a small child…
I called my brother to complain and he said, “Go to rent-a-center on Center Street and rent a computer so you can do your homework.” So I went to rent-a-center, they did a background check like I was a criminal, called all my family members, and charged me up the wazoo. But, at least I had a computer at this point. I started to not feel very well, so I went home and went to bed, hoping to wake up early and start the new day fresh and ready to be productive. That didn’t happen…
I woke up horribly sick. The worst I’ve felt in like a year. I couldn’t even focus on studying. I felt defeated and hopeless, like everything was going against me that week. I knew I needed to put my mood in the right place so I opened my quote book, hoping for an attitude adjustment. I read, “I will not wonder of the success I could have if my situation were different. It is not different and I will make a success with what material I have.” I liked that. I realized the stupid little things I let ruin my day are really quite irrelevant and I am SO blessed. I went on with the rest of the day with a bit of a better disposition J

No comments:

Post a Comment