Sunday, March 11, 2012

Charity


Charity is a thread woven through all the standard works. Nephi explains charity as the highest, noblest, and strongest kind of love, he defines it as the most joyous to the soul. And Paul’s writings to the Corinthians talk about faith, hope, and charity—and his conclusion is “the greatest of these is charity.” Through Paul’s phenomenal discourse on charity we learn that charity is a state of being, that it isn’t doing more, it’s being more.  

I think of charity as a sign of spiritual refinement. I think charity becomes part of us as we put off the natural man and become a new creature in Christ. Perhaps we become charitable, as we grow closer to Christ, because the more time we spend with him the more his characteristics influence us. It’s the same with happiness; we are all the happiest when we are closest to Heavenly Father. In my opinion this is because he is a radiantly happy being, and the more time we spend communing with him, the more his happiness rubs off on us. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree, and also the Charity can help you to "find a new job" and make a new friend.LOL
    last week I was helping a friend with C++ programming. I realized the reason I can handle the new programming language easier than most of my classmates is because I have been programming for more than a year. I know the conceptual pit-fall of new programmers. When I start learning a new programming language with them, I can understand how my friends feel and think about programming issue, therefore, I have ability to help them to finish the project.
    When Christ was in Gethsemane, he was going through all of the fit-fall of each one of us. He knows how we feel and think about our hard time. When we pray to obtain the wisdom or ability to solve the problem. He knows how to help us, because out issues are not new things to him.
    I am pretty sure if we do what Jesus Christ will do, we will more Christlike, and also we will make true friends and find a good new job. LOFL!!!!
    Mike Lo

    www.appcraftonline.com <-This is my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, The feeling is so warm, while I am helping others.

    ReplyDelete